National Gas Safety Week #GSW17 Top Tips
It’s National Gas Safety Week #GSW17 and here’s seven safety tips to keep your home safe:
Unsafe gas appliances can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions !
- Have your gas appliances and boiler serviced every year
- If you rent your home ask for a copy of the landlord’s gas safety certificate
- Check the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Loss of consciousness
- Check the three warning signs that gas appliances are not working properly:
- Yellow flames instead of blue ones
- Black marks or stains on or around appliances
- Too much condensation in the room
- Have an audio carbon monoxide alarm fitted
- Only use a gas safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances
- Check your engineer’s Gas Safe ID card
Our Gas Safe registered engineers are fully qualified to help you with Gas related problems or requirements from servicing a Gas boiler to fitting a Gas hob. Call us for help or advice on gas safety and keep you and your family safe.